fadumpt.net

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Thoughts on Life

I had one of those moments today. The kind where you take a step back and say to yourself..."Am I really that old?". My brother turned 18 years old. Logically, we are only four years apart, so if I'm almost twenty-two years old...and he's eighteen years old...I'm sure the math more or less equals out. Subconciously, eighteen is like that turning point age or something. Seventeen I was fine with, but eighteen...suddenly I feel rather old...like even though I haven't aged, it's more like a "where did the years go" thing. I guess it's all a part of getting older, like when I saw my cousin for the first time in like four years and he was like four years old then and is now like 8 or 9 and looked so much older. Or when I saw Bryan from church, who was the cute little kid that sang "Jesus Loves Me" and now he's in Middle School or something! I don't want to feel older...I'm doing all I can to fight off adulthood. Armed with my orange Tank and whatever childish ways I can hold on to and get away with.


I'd also like to mention a blog I came across through an article featured on digg.com. It's about a graphics designer and his family's struggle with homelessness. He's a very good writer and his thoughts and rants come from the heart and you can relate to what he's saying. He also speaks of the problems associated with getting support from foundations setup to help people in such a situation and of homeless people that acentuate the stereotype of being homeless. It's an extremely interesting blog, and I suggest you start from the beginning of the archives (around the beginning of Februrary) and read up.
View From the Sidewalk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home