fadumpt.net

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

1280X854 New Year’s Resolutions

This year I’d like to get myself organized. I need to keep better job of my time when i’m on location at a client. I need to key in work orders sooner. I need to keep better track of what’s going on, on the workbench and keep the workbench organized. I need to slow down and make sure the power supply is plugged in and the rear power button turned on before trying to turn the computer on, and other stupid mistakes like that.

I’m going to resolve to learn a language…perhaps computer and a foreign. I want to get better at web page design, gain some basic graphics design skills, and really get into learning how to use Macromedia’s Flash application. I’d also like to use this year to get deeper into the electronics hobby I started the end of last year.

I mentioned that I wanted to get organized at the beginning of this. That goes for at home as well. I want to figure out what computers I have in my house and weed out the ones that aren’t worth dealing with. I need to inventory the rest and organize them in an out of the way area. I need to get a decent server setup and get my data organized on to one or two drives, not spread out haphazardly on drives whose computers kicked the bucket.

My final resolution is going to be the hardest, but I need to keep myself from purchasing anymore computer products for the rest of this year. The Powerbook was a major expense, and beyond a few required accessories, I want to hold off on almost any computer related purchase. I need to concentrate on the Beetle and the house entirely this year. The beetle needs a new engine and the house needs central heating and air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home