fadumpt.net

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentines Day

This might have been the best Valentines Day I've ever experienced. Yes I spent it with my love. No, said love wasn't of a particular gender (or any gender for those of my mature audience that would like to reverse engineer that farther). It would seem that tech people in general don't generally care for Valentines Day. Which is how I got to spend most of the day around other people interested in technology. I spent the afternoon at the Microsoft TS2 event (seminar) thing. They discuss where Microsoft is headed for the year, and I go because of my job. Afterwards I checked out Compusa, hoping to run into those intel mac things...none in sight. After a bathroom break, I was off to find a wireless connection, which turned into "hunt for a parking spot in downtown Greenville cuz they have free wifi!" which then evolved into "OMG where did they move the main library of Greenville, cuz you know, maybe they had wifi...or books...or both"....but in the end, it was 6:10 and in my process of getting lost, I would up right around where the Linux User Group meeting was, and since I had to be there at 6:30 anyway, I popped into the parking lot...no wifi there by the way. The topic was Snort (intrusion detection ) and it was rather interesting, especially since Snort comes with IPCOP, and I plan on and have run IPCOP but never really stopped to check out the Snort feature it had. So that was my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home