fadumpt.net

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Update?

To all who are wondering why i don't exist on the 'net right now....the blessed little computer that I call my own decided life was just too horrible to bear and slowly sunk into deep depression until finally it just couldn't face the day anymore and has kicked the bucket (the install not the computer) So I've finally drug it off to the workbench to be re done....not sure what distro/OS to put on it (ME WANTS A MAC!!!!) but it will probably be Ubuntu (or Kubuntu) on the 80gig (or the 120) and then Windows XP (I have access to licenses now!!!) on the other one so i can play games and stuff

Update on the wagon:
The gas guage is in fact dead....the tailgate window works fine if you close the door properly (who knew?).... I just picked up the turn signal switch and the outter tie rod end (shake rattle and roll!!!) ....the brakes look like crap so the entire car will be changed (calipers and rotors and pads.OH MY!) .... whoever slapped the tires back on that last time screwed the nuts in with his fingers....the rear tire was completely loose and cut it's own little grooves into the rim, the front driver's side I was more or less able to take off with my fingers (very little loosening required).....the scary part is i drove that thing all over before finding this out (SO THAT WAS WHAT THAT WEIRD NOISE IN THE BACK TIRE WAS!!! O_0)

The beetle definantly needs a new fuel line....waiting on the side of the road for the fuel to catch up is starting to suck almost as much as the noise of the fuel pump as it fights to get gas....

I started learning perl...not sure how long that will last but I had the book and was bored...and the script that didn't work for me worked on the server so now we SSH in and do our little perl stuff :) w00t ....

I'm starting to figure out what i meant by the question mark in the title...this isn't an update, it's a book on what happened....

OH! Saw hitchiker's guide to the galaxy the other week (sunday after it came out)...Not half bad :) I may even write a review and dump it on the site (what else do you use a personal web site for? THESE ARE MY OPINIONS SO YOU ARE FORCED TO ACCEPT THEM AS FACT!!!....yeah...something like that....)

The sad thing is that my typing is this "hyper" and I only had a bit of sugar and a small glass of lightly caffienated soda....:-/

I'll end here...gonna pull an all-nighter for the third time this week...though tonight I have to.... the workstation is required to be back on her desk at 9:00 tomorrow morning, working perfectly....
/me faints

2 Comments:

  • You suck, post more!

    Oh, and pulling all nighters for work isn't good. I've been there (literally in multiple instances) and in the end, it hasn't worked out all that much better as a result. You'll get burned out incredibly quickly and soon work yourself into miserably high unrealistic expectations that you can't keep up with anymore. Trust me, the steady pace all along is always the best.

    We're IT guys... We're not supposed to be up all night unless it's coding... It's like, in our geek charter...

    Oh, and when are you going to move this lousy blog to a real blog engine (like WordPress or MT), or at least to the domain you use for the title?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/23/2005 8:55 PM  

  • Yeah, I've been all-nighter free for a good while though. A real blog engine? but this one is so good to me!! and besides, I get gooogle search result benefits and it advertised my self hosted "Fadumpt.net" site that has been down for months and the server has been used as a text only command line workstation for the past 2 weeks...I so suck :-/....the links browser with the -g -mode 640x480x256 owns!! try it out kids!!!

    By Blogger Fadumpt, at 7/01/2005 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home