fadumpt.net

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Beetle

I'm driving back from Barnes and Nobles. I was bored so I just started driving, and wound up there, so I checked out the computer books. They are all much to expensive for me, so I just looked through a few. On the way out I stopped by the magazine rack. They had one called Linux Format from the UK and it had a dual sided DVD, Debian 3.1 Sarge on one side, Fedora Core 4 on the other side, and a lot of extra software too. I bought it. FLASHBACK: Two days ago I decided the next server will be Debian. The first one was Gentoo, and it was great, very easy to setup and use. I think I messed up Apache along the way though, after a few months of use. So while I love portage, I want to try something else. Debian is supposed to be great, so why not :). The new server, by the way, will be a Dual Pentium II 450mhz on an Intel board. I don't know how much ram yet, or what size hard drive.

Okay, back to driving back from Barnes and Nobles. Coming up to a light, I pull up beside another orange beetle. Inside is a guy and his girlfriend. I glance over at him and he looks at me. The light is green at about that moment and suddenly you can hear the roar of his muffler as he takes off. So two things pop into my mind...one, I refuse to be beat by this guy :-D (guy stuff kicking in) and two, my lane ends soon. So I take off too, fly past him and an SUV dive into the lane. Feeling pretty proud of me and poor little Beetle I drive on. Later he pulls up beside me in a turn lane and asks, "you running like that on a stock motor?" I shout back "yea!" He has this big smile.

So that's the story, and it ranks up there with my top beetle adventure stories. By the way, it does have a certain taste in music...and will voice it's opinions. Beulevard of Broken Dreams it will almost always stall out on when it comes on. Some other song it stalled when it came on the radio. My mom says it's coincidental... Today I'm driving down highway14 into town, N'Sync comes on the radio...being in a good mood I start singing to it...the car stalls and I have to roll into a parking lot, let it sit a second, and then change the station. Bear in mind that I haven't had any problems out of it all week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home