fadumpt.net

Monday, June 26, 2006

The one with moving, a microbus, and an old friend

I was writing this post the other day but blogger screwed up and lost it on me :(
So now I'm writing it again, only with added detail cuz more happened, and it's in TextEdit cuz blogger sux0rs now :) (I think this version sounds better)

Okay, so a lot has happened since my last post. I have officially vacated the battlegrounds where the ant battles took place. High Command put through a transfer notice and a lot of base transfers went through over the past month.

So basically, in english. My parent's bought a house across town, found like their "dream home" for a great price (for the neighborhood and all that) and moved in. So I moved into their old house, and my mom's friend moved into my old house. So in the past month I've helped two people move, and moved my self. Moving officially SUCKS. :)

This next topic requires a bit of history.

I think it was about five years ago, my mom bought a 1979 Volkswagen Transporter from the automotive department of the local career center...paid like $100 for it because it was more or less just a shell. Not more then a few weeks later, someone wrecked their 1973 Volkswagen Transporter (which will be called a bus or microbus or kombi from now on cuz those words be shorter) Basically, some idiot in a Mercedes ran a light or something and hit his bus, denting up the front corner (I'd like to see what was left of the mercedes, takes a lot to dent up German steel) He'd just spent a lot of money on the bus, which included a rebuilt transmission and a really nice engine. My parent's bought it off of him as a "donor" car and transferred all the parts to the '79. We used it a good bit and it was used on several halloweens. After a while though, it just started to sit and was used to hold tools for working on other cars. I think it needed some things replaced and no one had the time or money to do it, so it was grounded.

So now we jump to last year around July. I'm seriously begging them to give me this bus! They don't want though, don't trust me driving it, etc. Last month I was asking them again ("them" is my parent's if you haven't caught on, sorry) and finally my dad said yes, and in a seperate conversation my mom said yes as well. So $200 in parts later and it's rolling, and that bus is really awesome. I don't think I'll ever have a need for that new crap that car companies put out.

It came in really handy during the move, I was able to do two loads of stuff a night, through the night. I took the middle seat out, and the rear seat folds down, so you can hold a *lot* of stuff in there.

----------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was my birthday, it was cool, we had a sorta joint "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" thing and celebrated my brother's graduation as well.

Today though had to have been the most awesome post-birthday I've ever had though. I got to hang out with Milagro most of the day. It was great! I haven't seen her in a long time, and have just recently been talking on the phone/text messaging. So it was awesome to see her again. It just sucks that her dad is so controlling and all that :-/ Makes it really hard.

and that's the upddate....I don't even think i have readers anymore...so I guess these posts are more for my sake nowadays :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home