fadumpt.net

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

July 11, 2005 4:11AM At Work

Going through my files today at work, I found this: (enjoy)

From July 11, 2005

It's 4:11 in the morning. I'm on a Hewlett Packard ze5300 laptop. It's riddled with spyware, but I don't have a power cord to actually get down and dirty and clean it up. I'll pick that up tomor...erm today. I'm still up becuase of a Dell Dimension 4550, it's also riddled with spyware (isn't windows fun?) I've been running adaware scans on it most of the night (HP's laptop keyboard rather sucks!) and still no signs of slowing up. It found 1024 critical to begin with under safe mode, the other users came back with around 100 each, except for the third user (the spacebar is awful) who decided to up and freeze, that's when I bumped the video cable while installing a new motherboard into a Hewlett Packard Media Center PC (notice a trend here? don't buy hp/compaq and dell :) ) Okay, so the video cable was bumped, the picture went out (that backspace is too far away) and I noticed the AGP card scoot back some from it's slot (case closed) So I shut it down, and open up the case...the little plastic thingy that is supposed to hold the cards in came out, insert long screw through plastic and agp card here...problem solved and luckily it booted again...so now i'm suffering through more scans under normal mode with that problem user...(uggh i want to be on my mac...or even better..in bed) Tomorrow I have to deliver ink, to like every local client we have...(having tap to select on the mousepad turned off sucks too!) then I have to go miles out to a trucking company and pick up the power supply for this computer and if I finish it (which I won't) drop off the home workstation build. (Nice i shut off wireless and battery went from 56minutes to 1:08 minutes in the course of typing this) So anyway, here I sit, bored, listening to the vocal trance radio station on itunes and surfing the internet during scans. Yes, this is probably a crap post, but I'm tired and had a sudden urge to type a bunch of random words in notepad on a Hewlett Packard laptop...urge fulfilled (bleh, "Your Computer is infected" just popped up, I hate this operating system)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home