fadumpt.net

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Running Out of Space in Android

I have an LG Optimus V on Virgin Mobile and have been fighting to keep enough space on the phone (over 18MB) to keep getting email and text messages.

Yesterday, while mucking around with the netflix.apk, the install failed because of my lack of space, but the space taken up by the apk wasn't released. So now I had 4MB of free space and no way to get back that I could figure out.

Fed up with the whole thing I backed up some data and restored to factory settings and started over.

As I installed apps to the SD card, I realized that it was also taking away space from my onboard storage. A couple tests proved that no matter where you installed the app (onboard or SD) you still lost the space of the apk (at least) on your onboard storage.

I'm not sure if this will help anyone else out there but if your low to medium-end android phone is running out of space, it might be because you have too many apps on your SD card. :-/

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home