fadumpt.net

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Day 09 – What OS/distribution do you run?

My main computer runs Ubuntu. I haven't used it in months because I'm working on completely renovating my house and the house I'm renting while I do that has no internet (O_o) except for whatever my cell phone can provide, so I haven't set it up. My other main computer is a Toshiba M405 tablet laptop that dual boots Ubuntu and Windows 7. I use it the majority of the time nowadays and kind a go through spells where I only use windows or only use ubuntu. It also helps to have both when one of them feels crashing on me. I used a Powerbook G4 (aluminum 15.2") with OS X Tiger and it was great but, all in all, it got old. Windows XP, 2000, 98 are all junk in my eyes. I'd rather not have to touch them. Windows 7, with everything that Microsoft has copied from Apple and Linux and who knows who else, works rather well and as much as I hate to say it, I like using it....but don't get me wrong, I'd rather be in Linux.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home