fadumpt.net

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Engine

I came *THIS* close (shows finger representation) to getting an engine for the beetle. I got it in my head saturday that I needed to get the beetle back on the road as soon as possible. Between gas prices and the fact that I just flat out miss it. So I get on thesamba.com and start looking through the Classifieds....their is a longblock (block and pistons and heads basically) and some extra stuff on for sale in Atlanta for $200. I emailed the guy and he said it ran two years ago and it looked to be in good condition. So I planned on driving out there next Saturday and buying it...emailed the guy today and he emails back that it's been sold already. So I'm back at square one on that. My friend just IM'd from work though saying this crazy dude came in trying to sell an early 90's Nissan Pathfinder with manual transmission and 4x4 for like $400....so I *really* want to check that out. Yeah yeah, $400 can be spent on something a lot more sensible...like VW parts...but I'm intrigued by this thing...doesn't hurt to look right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home