fadumpt.net

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Spring Loaded Folders

So last night I'm at home trying to organize some folders and realize that it would be really great to have the functionality I had in OS X with hovering over a folder and it opening to the contents of the folder.

This morning I did some quick searching and found out that it is called "spring loaded folders". Apparently this *was* a feature of Gnome but Apple has it patented and had Gnome pull the feature. Its amazing how corporations can have so much power over something as stupid as graphical interface enhancements. If your operating system is that insecure that something like spring loaded folders has to be locked up, then maybe you need to look into a redesign. Seriously.

Sadly it's this kind of "locked down experience" that made me stop using OS X in the first place...only I was seeing the effects from the inside then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home