fadumpt.net

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Guilt

Yesterday, I came home around 2:30 for lunch and to feed the animals. When i went to pull that monstrosity of a truck (dad's, borrowing) in to the driveway, I noticed a van parked on the steet that was practically right in the way (opposite side though) of my driveway. OKay, fast forward a bit...I'm in the truck and backing out...at this point i have forgotten about the van....and throw the truck out of the driveway like normal, barely glancing in the mirrors (like a pure idiot!) and jut making sure no cars are coming. Inevitably...i hit the van...the corner of the bumper to be exact. So I fly outta there not knowing what to think...Hit "n" Run at this point...

]insert WTF is gonna happen now thoughts here]

Okay, so we now fast forward to yesterday evening,around 7:00...

[knock on door]

I answer it and there is my neighbor...

[cut to commercial break]

So he asks me if i hit his van.
I panic and lie about the *whole* thing...
He goes too look at the back of the truck some more, comes back and knocks on the door and asks if i'm sure...I keep up the lie...

So he leaves...now i'm really panicing...cuz i'm not quite sure if he believed it...all things point to me anyway...the puppy is yelping and i can't think...so i do the only thing one can do in the south...I went to the Wal-Mart....:-/
(get home and go right to bed (like 8:00) can't sleep (finally fall asleep at 10:00)
Next morning i wake up at 7:00 and am gone by 8:00, stop in twice to feed the animals and stayed at work mostly.

[note that this is where the title comes into play, between the stress,guilt, and whatever i was horribly "depressed" (quotes to indicate that it's not full depression, but like..close..)

[fast forward to this afternoon]

Mom calls "You know we have to report that you hit that man's van"
me "we do?"
mom "yes"



[background information]
Mom drives the school bus route for the area where i live...one of the kids is the kid of the guy whose van i hit....you do the math gah!
[/background information]

So this evening we go up and knock on his door, i apoligize, we agree that he'll get estimates for the bumper and we'll go from there. The Guilt and all was washing away sometime after the earlier phone call though :)

so that's the story...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home